From Peace Corps Wiki
I am one of many former Peace Corps volunteers who absolutely thank John F. Kennedy for giving me the opportunity to serve my Country from 1962 to 1964. What I experienced and learned while working with the poor in the barrios of Venezuela changed the course of my life as it has so many others who served in the Peace Corps.
Also, whether a person served in Venezuela, Korea, Ethiopia or Nigeria we all have an understanding of the culture and the goodness of their people. This was our reward in life.
Today I am blessed to run a non-profit foundation in Venezuela and have the opportunity to return often to set up baseball clinics and start other projects for the kids of the barrios.
Joe Jaycox Venezuela 62-64
 Peace Corps News
- Michigan State University top school for Peace Corps volunteers - Examiner.com (Dec 11)
- Serving America: Memories of Peace Corps Changes the Lives of its Many ... - PR Web (press release) (Mar 28)
- 'Kennedy's Kiddie Korps' fulfills its promise - Pacific Business News (Sep 16)
- US Peace Corps volunteers serve 76 countries and 7% of volunteers are age 50 ... - MLive.com (Aug 22)
- Chicago man nets national honor for helping Venezuelan kids - Chicago Tribune (Mar 06)
- Recruiting Spies in the Peace Corps - In These Times (Mar 12)
Peace Corp Physical Education Program in Venezuela high schools ran until at least 1967. I was a volunteer in the PE Education IV program. We were deployed to Venezuela in June 1965 to 1967. Please correct the dates for that program to extend through June 1967.
Don Welch PCV Venezuela 1965-67