Seattle Area Peace Corps Association
From Peace Corps Wiki
SEAPAX is a group of former Peace Corps volunteers dedicated to improving international understanding at all levels. We aim to fulfill the 3rd goal of the Peace Corps: Bringing the World Back Home. We draw on the lessons we have learned from living in the two-thirds world to promote increased understanding of the social, political and economic circumstances, as well as the global interdependence, of people worldwide. History
The SEAPAX was founded in 1977 by returned Peace Corps Volunteers living in greater Seattle. Originally called RAVN, Returned Action Volunteers of the Northwest, it included both former Peace Corps and VISTA volunteers among its members. The group was renamed The Washington State Peace Corps Association in 1996, then renamed SEAPAX in 2007. We now have satellite groups in three other Puget Sound communities. Our group has been an affiliate of the National Peace Corps Association since 1983.
More information about the group can be found at the link given below.
- SEAPAX Book Club: This is how you lose her by Junot Diaz
- Board Business Meeting
- Coverage is Here: New Health Insurance Options for 2014
- Holiday Party
- Bellingham RPCV Potluck
- SEAPAX General Meeting and Potluck
- SEAPAX Oktoberfest Pub Night
- Burke Museum and Eats out at Pam's Kitchen
- Regional Campout
- SEAPAX Team for Seattle AIDS 5K Walk
- Newsletter Submission Deadline
- Planning Meeting
- SEAPAX Book Club: Fieldwork by Mischa Berlinski
- Iftar 'Break the Fast' Potluck
- 30th Annual Run and Walk with Pride (RWWP)
- SEAPAX Picnic
- Peace Corps Send Off Party in B'ham, WA
- Northwest Regional Campout @ Farragut State Park (ID)
- SEAPAX Book Club: The Village of Waiting by George Packer
- SEAPAX Book Club: The Springs of Namje
- SEAPAX Board Meeting/Open to all members
- March for Peace Corps in Portland?s Grand Floral Parade!
- Peace Corps Nomination Party on May 16th!
- YWCA Seattle Inspire Luncheon