Rural Health Clinic Zambia 2
From Peace Corps Wiki
Info about the Rural Health Clinic Zambia 2
In November 2006 the head nurse of a local health clinic began looking for funding for a rural health clinic. A committee was formed and they submitted proposals to several organizations in an attempt to get funding. The committee members used their knowledge and resources to build the foundation for the much needed rural health clinic. However, their community resources have been depleted. They are looking to build this extension to the health clinic because they are currently working out of a three room house. Through the rural health clinic, the community wishes to achieve the following outcomes:
- 1. To strengthen under-5 clinics, therefore improving the quality of health of children and expecting mothers.
- 2. To improve the clinics ability to see multiple patients while maintaining the space for private consultation.
- 3. To teach basic yet essential HIV/AIDS education and VCT capabilities
- 4. To create an environment that encourages open and honest conversations about individual health issues.
- 5. To provide space for the creation of a youth friendly, HIV/AIDS counseling corner.