From Peace Corps Wiki
Nigeria had some of the earliest Peace Corps Volunteers, starting in 1961. The majority of volunteers were teachers.
There were 30 groups who served between 1961 to 1970. A number of volunteers who served were not attached to a group -- some as late as the mid-1970s. In addition, there were another 3 groups who served between 1991-1995.
 Return Peace Corps Volunteers
"Friends of Nigeria" (FON) is a group made up of Return Peace Corp volunteers and staff. FON also includes past CUSO and VSO volunteers. 700 FON members currently support projects in Nigeria, have a quarterly newsletter, a google group listserv, a website (friendsofnigeria.org) with information, their own wiki (wikifon.org) to collect stories, coordinates national and regional meetings and occasional trips to Nigeria.
 Peace Corps News
- Peace Corps service a tradition for the Mangan family of Wilton - Greenfield Daily Reporter (Aug 31)
- Peace Corps Proposes Youth Organisations' Summit - AllAfrica.com (Aug 20)
- The Ebola effect - Pittsburgh Post-Gazette (Aug 17)
- Peace Corps Makes Case for Physically Challenged Youth - AllAfrica.com (Aug 14)
- Sierra Leone News: Peace Corps volunteers leave Sierra Leone - Awoko (Aug 05)