National Peace Corps Association
From Peace Corps Wiki
 Purpose and Function
The National Peace Corps Association (formerly the National Council of Returned Peace Corps Volunteers) is the nation’s leading 501 (c) (3) nonprofit organization connecting and championing Returned Peace Corps Volunteers and the Peace Corps community. It provides service and education opportunities that build on the Peace Corps experience, and is also the longest-standing advocate for an independent and robust Peace Corps. It was founded in 1979 and is headquartered in Washington, D.C. It is not a part of the United States Peace Corps, which is a federal agency.
The National Peace Corps Association envisions a more peaceful world shaped by greater cross-cultural understanding and lifelong engagement at home and abroad.
The National Peace Corps Association connects and champions Peace Corps community members in “bringing the world home.”
- Develop essential networks and information resources for and about the Peace Corps community.
- Provide National Peace Corps Association members and Groups with service and education opportunities that build on their Peace Corps experience and values.
- Advocate for the Peace Corps and its values and for critical issues identified by National Peace Corps Association members.
 Affiliated Groups
Over 140 Peace Corps groups are affiliated with the NPCA. Most of the groups are based in local communities, and others are based on the country of Peace Corps service (called "Friends of" groups). In addition, some networks are based on shared interests. Groups promote global education, provide services in their communities and work with Peace Corps recruiting offices to support recently returned Peace Corps volunteers. Many support development projects overseas, and they sponsor forums and publications for information and issue discussions.
 Agency Funding
NPCA receives part of it's finical support from Peace Corps. Records before 2003 don't exist. Below is the funding given by the Peace Corps to NPCA from 2003 to 2010. Grants are not included. Source: FOIA #10-065
| Number||Description||Supplier||Supplier Site||Currency|| Amount
|PC-09-8-169||Worldview Ads (4) PCR||National Peace Corps Assoc||WASHINGTON WVM||USD||$10,720.00|
|PC-09-8-034||Worldview||National Peace Corps Assoc||WASHINGTON WVM||USD||$27,398.00|
|PC-08-5-010||National Peace Corps Assoc||WASHINGTON WVM||USD||$75,000.00|
|PC-08-8-005||VRS Worldview Magazine||National Peace Corps Assoc||WASHINGTON||USD||$40,590.00|
|PC-07-6-021||NPCA Contract||National Peace Corps Assoc||WASHINGTON||USD||$100,000.00|
|PC-07-8-010||NPCA-Worldview Magazine||National Peace Corps Assoc||WASHINGTON||USD||$40,590.00|
|PC-06-6-028A||NPCA Agreement||National Peace Corps Assoc||WASHINGTON||USD||$100,000.00|
|PC-06-8-016||Worldview Magazine||National Peace Corps Assoc||WASHINGTON||USD||$40,589.00|
|PC-05-6-016||NPCA agreement for FY2006||National Peace Corps Assoc||WASHINGTON||USD||$99,994.00|
|PC-05-8-018||Worldview Magazine||National Peace Corps Assoc||WASHINGTON||USD||$32,256.00|
|PC-05-8-006||Worldview Magazine||National Peace Corps Assoc||WASHINGTON||USD||$9,163.00|
|PC-04-6-032||NPCA Contract||National Peace Corps Assoc||WASHINGTON||USD||$100,000.00|
|PC-04-8-051||Worldview Magazine||National Peace Corps Assoc||WASHINGTON||USD||$27,489.00|
|PC-04-8-012||Worldview Magazine Purchase||National Peace Corps Assoc||WASHINGTON||USD||$9,163.00|
|315030011250035||National Peace Corps Assoc||WASHINGTON||USD||$205.69|
|03-726-2008-000||National Peace Corps Assoc||WASHINGTON||USD||$68,318.75|
|03-726-2001-000||National Peace Corps Assoc||WASHINGTON||USD||$9,163.00|
Source: FOIA #10-065
 Guidestar Finanacial Documents
 Board of Directors
For most up to date information, refer to the NPCA website.
 External Links
- Peace Corps website
- RPCV.info RPCV.info | A website for Returned Peace Corps Volunteers
- Worldwide Peace Corps Blog Directory Collection of 2,000+ online journals and blogs from Volunteers around the world
- Google Answers: After Peace Corps Summary of the three studies done of Returned Peace Corps volunteers in 1969, 1977 and 1996
- Peace Corps Online Library
- Third Goal Peace Corps Stories and Photos
- Peace Corps Writers
- Peace Corps Writers Blogs about the Peace Corps Experience
- Photos for Peace Uncommon Travel Photography by Peace Corps Volunteers
- Peace Corps Online The Independent News Forum serving Returned Peace Corps Volunteers
- PeaceCorps2 An Online Peace Corps Yahoo Community
- Peace Corps Entrepreneurs on Social Edge and in iTunes
- International Friends of Belize (IFOB) NPCA affiliate group