From Peace Corps Wiki
|Site(s)||La Entrada, Copan|
|Assignment(s)||Animal_Husbandwarning.png"Animal_Husband" is not in the list of possible values (Agroforestry, Sustainable Agricultural Science, Farm Management and Agribusiness, Animal Husbandry, Municipal Development, Small Business Development, NGO Development, Urban and Regional Planning, Primary Teacher/Training, Secondary Teacher/Training, Math/Science Teacher/Training, Special Education/Training, Deaf/Education, Vocational Teacher/Training, University Teacher/Training, English Teacher/Training (TEFL), Environmental Education, National Park Management, Dry Land Natural Resource Conservation, Fisheries Fresh, Ecotourism Development, Coastal /Fisheries Resource Management, Public Health Education, AIDS Awareness, Information Technology, Skilled Trades, Water and Sanitation Resources Engineering, Housing Construction Development, Youth, Other) for this property.|
|Dennis Latimer started in Honduras 1981|
|Dennis Latimer, Richard Olson|
|Agriculture in Honduras:|
|Kevin L Cronk, Steve Elliot, Gerald Harbinson, Mary Hudson, Dennis Latimer, John Mikesell, Richard Olson, Nanette Swane Rosenberry|
|Other Volunteers who served in Honduras
|Stefan Armington, Mark Clodi, Heather "Saida" Coady, Kevin L Cronk, Drew S. Days, III, Mark Dripchak, Steve Elliot, Ian Everhart, Zach Feris, Bridget French, Francis Gavit, Gerald Harbinson, Mary Hudson, David "Dok" Kanthor, Barbara Kerr … further results|
|Projects in Honduras
|Expansion of Elementary School|
|Don't see yourself, Add yourself or a friend!
Enter your first and last name
 Description of Service
- Assignment: Ministry of Natural Resources and Peace Corps/Honduras. Sep. 1981 to Jan. 1985.
- Organized, planned and developed financial analysis of development projects for dairy farms within assigned region.
- Supervised and trained staff personnel on genetic improvement.
- Managed and administered health and breeding programs for regional goat center.
- Organized and trained groups of farmers in animal feeding and animal husbandry managing methods.
- Secondary projects included proposals with international organizations such as WID, Heifer International, Trickle Up and the Peace Corps’ Partnership Program.
 Peace Corps Area Manager
December 1990 to October 1994
- Directed and supervised all recruitment activities in the state of Florida, Puerto Rico and the US Virgin Islands.
- Implemented national and regional recruitment strategies formulated goals and oversaw a program budget of $100 thousand.
 APCD Agriculture: Peace Corps/Honduras
October 1994 to June 1998
- Responsible for coordinating Peace Corps’ agricultural sector. Mayor duties included:
- Developing sustainable agriculture project plans,
- Supporting and supervision of Peace Corps Volunteer,
- Maintaining quality programming and training of Volunteers,
- M&E of agriculture projects ensuring that development goals were consistent with those of host government.
 Crisis Corps Director Honduras
December 1998 to June 1999.
- Responsible for the implementation of Crisis Corps’ emergency response in Honduras. Mayor duties included:
- Designing strategic plans and development of integrated disaster response strategies,
- Writing job descriptions and assignments,
- Coordinating relief interventions with NGOs and host country agencies,