Armenia Enviromental Education Program
From Peace Corps Wiki
 Program Description
The first five environmental education volunteers arrived in 2003 with the A11 group. Prior to the arrival of these volunteers, environmental education was provided through the TEFL, Business, and Health volunteers.
The purpose of the Environmental Education project is to assist Armenians in working individually and collectively to raise awareness of local, regional, and national issues that affect both environmental and human health in Armenia. This is accomplished by strengthening and/or establishing the capacity of educational institutions, non-governmental organizations (NGOs), and governmental agencies to solve current problems and to prevent future ones.
 Primary Projects
include but is not limited to the following:
- Design and implement environmental education programs and workshops for schools, teacher training centers, and community centers
- Assist science teachers in strengthening environmental content in classes
- Develop environmental curriculum and educational resources
- Establish area resource centers focusing on environmental education and health issues
- Develop and implement informal educational opportunities, including camps and after-school clubs
- Work with local and regional environmental authorities to assess the current state of the environment in Armenia